Banking and Finance Law
Our firm’s attorneys have many years of experience counseling banks, credit unions, savings and loan associations, as well as a variety of non-depository financial institutions in both banking and finance law.
As one of Washington’s premier banking and finance law firms, we have formed long-term partnerships with many of the area’s financial leaders, including Washington Trust Bank. Throughout our fifty years as a firm, we have worked with most of the banks in the Inland Northwest and continue to represent and advise them in banking and finance law.
We represent financial institutions in every phase of the credit cycle and in all aspects of their business. Our banking and finance law attorneys have access to our firm’s substantial business mergers and acquisitions, tax, construction, environmental, and real estate practices, allowing them to offer sound advice and sophisticated yet practical solutions to financial institutions.
- Representation of Creditor’s Rights in Bankruptcy
- Garnishments Commercial Law
- Secured Transactions
- Negotiable Instruments
- Litigation, including lender liability matters
- Loan structure advice and documentation, review and negotiation of secured and unsecured commercial loans/letters of credit, and other credit facilities
- Advice on federal and state regulatory matters; legal analysis and updates of legislative and regulatory developments; opinions; and in-house and group seminars
- Environmental counsel on legislative and regulatory developments and compliance advice on the role of banks