Mike D. Franklin
I have read the disclaimer and understand that Lukins & Annis, P.S. is not my legal counsel at this time.
AREAS OF EMPHASIS
- Employment Advice and Litigation
- Complex Commercial and Business Litigation
- Securities Litigation (including FINRA arbitration)
Mike Franklin is a Shareholder in the Spokane office of Lukins & Annis, P.S. Mike’s practice areas include labor and employment advice, consultation and litigation, business litigation, and complex commercial disputes.
As a litigator, Mike has successfully represented clients in numerous employment-related disputes involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, trade secrets, non-competition agreements, wage and hour issues. Mike has also represented numerous business clients in a variety of disputes, including complex commercial disputes, business torts, and contract disputes. He is licensed in Washington and Oregon and has appeared pro hac vice in state and federal courts in numerous other jurisdictions.
Mike is a regularly called upon to speak at Labor and Employment Law CLEs and has been recognized as a Rising Star by Super Lawyer’s Magazine and consistently named as one of Spokane’s best lawyers by the Spokane Coeur d’ Alene Living Magazine since 2007.
- State of Washington
- State of Oregon
- United States District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Washington & District of Oregon
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of breach of contract and tortious interference claims in favor of two Idaho-based forest products companies on claims in excess of $20 million.
- Successfully represented multi-national wind energy development company against competitor in unfair competition/tortious interference claim involving project valued in excess of $100 million.
- Successfully represented numerous Washington employers seeking to enforce non-competition and confidentiality agreements.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal on behalf of numerous employers sued for employment discrimination, harassment, retaliation and violation of public policy claims.
- Successfully represented clients in federal and state Department of Labor investigations and wage-related claims.
- Recognized as Rising Star by Super Lawyer Magazine on multiple occasions.
- Selected as one of Spokane’s Best Lawyers in both Labor and Employment Law and Business Litigation by Spokane Coeur d’Alene Living Magazine
- Editor, Oregon Law Review
- Member, Spokane County Bar Association
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, Oregon State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- Ninth Circuit, United States Court of Appeals
- Director, Lukins and Annis BOD.