At Lukins & Annis, we understand that actions speak louder than words – and we work hard to do the things that make a difference in people’s lives.
As a firm, we are proud to support a number of organizations and agencies serving to improve our communities. In addition, our attorneys and staff are involved in a variety of professional, civic, home, school, and church organizations and activities. Here are a few examples:
Our Charitable Contributions Committee reviews and approves donations quarterly. These donations are allocated to a variety of community organizations and events. Past recipients include:
- American Cancer Society
- Cancer Care Northwest
- American Society for Suicide Prevention
- Hospice of Spokane
- Multiple Sclerosis Society
- SPD Lions Club
- Babe Ruth Bambinos
- Books for Tots (CDA)
- Idaho Invents Student Regional/State Competitions
- North Rotary Club
- Shriners Hospital
- Teen Closet
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery
- March of Dimes
- Spokane Guild School
- West Central Community Center
- Second Harvest Inland Northwest
- Women Helping Women
- Spokane County Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Campaign for Equal Justice
- Gonzaga University School of Law
VLP is a volunteer organization whose mission is to provide high-quality legal services to individuals with limited means. Our attorneys donate their time and serve on the board for the program. In 2012, L&A was honored to receive the “Law Firm of the Year” award from the VLP for its dedicated service.
Our attorneys regularly donate their services to those with limited means and also to important community issues.
Held annually in Spokane, Washington, Bloomsday is one of the largest timed road races in the world. Lukins & Annis attorneys and staff compete in this event annually.
We participate annually in “Take a Bite Out of Hunger” which benefits the many families in our region who need assistance making ends meet.
Lukins & Annis participates in the annual luncheon (which raises in excess of $200,000 each year), and we support this worthy Foundation.
The largest 3-on-3 basketball tournament in the world is held annually in downtown Spokane. Lukins & Annis contributes to the event and fields participating teams.
Representatives of our firm currently serve, or have served, on the boards of many of our region’s community organizations. These include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Cancer Care Northwest Foundation
- Holy Family Foundation
- Spokane Youth Sports Association
- Greater Spokane Incorporated (GSI)
- Spokane Parks & Recreation Foundation
- Spokane Regional Task Force on Human Relations
- Spokane Arts
- Coeur d’Alene Soccer Club, Inc.
- SCC Advisory Committees for the Legal Support Professionals and for the Paralegal Programs
- Academics Are Cool
- St. George’s School
- United Way of Kootenai County
- Spokane Partnership for Affordable Housing
- Museum of North Idaho
- Downtown Spokane Partnership
- Boy Scouts of America
- Leadership Spokane
- Fairmount Memorial Association
- Meals on Wheels Spokane
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (CDA)
- Spokane County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association for Eastern District of Washington
- Future ADA
- Inland NW Craft Brewers
- Inventors Association of Idaho
- School Health Care Association of Spokane County
- Spokane Paralegal Association
- Spokane County Bar Foundation
- Spokane Rotary
- City of Spokane Parks & Recreation