Reid G. Johnson
I have read the disclaimer and understand that Lukins & Annis, P.S. is not my legal counsel at this time.
AREAS OF EMPHASIS
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Employment Litigation and Consultation
- Intellectual Property – copyright, trademark, trade secret
- TEDRA Trust and Estate Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Cannabis Law
Reid Johnson’s practice focuses on intellectual property, complex commercial, employment, real estate, personal injury, and trust and estate litigation. He represents businesses and individuals in a wide array of industries and technologies, including computer software and hardware, utilities, real estate, retail, cannabis, and entertainment industries.
Proven litigation experience in federal and state courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court, the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and Washington and Idaho state courts. He advises companies and individuals how to navigate complex legal disputes to resolve their issues in an efficient and effective manner.
In addition to Reid’s litigation experience, he provides clients with intellectual property counseling on how to protect, grow, and manage their IP portfolios. In particular, he assists clients with trademark and copyright registrations, opposition and cancellation proceedings, negotiation of IP licenses and assignments, SaaS Agreements, and management of IP enforcement efforts for patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secrets.
Reid has also been an Adjunct Professor at Gonzaga University School of law, is the current Chair of the WSBA-IP Section, has been recognized as a Rising Star by Super Lawyer’s Magazine from 2017-2020, and is consistently one of Spokane’s best lawyers by Spokane Coeur d’Alene Living Magazine since 2017.
- State of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Reid Johnson, Bridging the Gap Between the Biodiversity Convention and TRIPs: A New Way to Approach Technological Innovation and Economic Development, 14 Gonz. J. Int’l L. 3 (2011)
- Ethical Issues for Litigators of the One-Stop Patent Shop; Spokane County Bar Association, July 2014
- Wine Labels: Understanding What is in the Bottle, Spokane Rotary Club, October 2015
- Chair, Inland Empire Intellectual Property Institute, February, 2016
- Chair, Annual Gonzaga Merit Scholarship Intellectual Property CLE, September, 2016
- University of Wisconsin, B.S., Political Science and Legal Studies, 2007
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 2011
- Spokane Arts Fund, Board Member
- Spokane County Bar Association, IP Section, President
- Washington State Bar Association, IP Section, At-Large Board Member