Mike A. Maurer
I have read the disclaimer and understand that Lukins & Annis, P.S. is not my legal counsel at this time.
AREAS OF EMPHASIS
- Business Litigation and Complex Claims
- Catastrophic Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Professional Malpractice
- Trial counsel representing individuals and business entities in litigation arising from the sale of multiple businesses and real property.
- Trial counsel representing commercial property developers in multi-state litigation with foreign investors.
- Trial counsel for an international distributor sued by a national technology firm claiming wrongful use of proprietary information. Following extensive discovery, motion practice and trial, a successful verdict was rendered for our client.
- Counsel representing numerous cattle feedlot owners alleging the defendants sold counterfeit animal pharmaceuticals throughout the Western United States, causing millions of dollars in stock mortality. After extensive discovery and motion practice, the case settled favorably.
- Trial counsel representing property owners, asserting the State of Washington had violated the U.S. Constitution’s takings clause, inversely condemning the property through the state’s announced decision to construct a major highway project through the plaintiff’s commercial distribution facility.
- Trial counsel in a product liability action, representing the family of a child who was severely injured when a specialized piece of medical equipment failed.
- Counsel for the plaintiff in an action against a national insurer. Following a summary judgment dismissal from the United States District Court, plaintiffs prevailed at the Ninth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals, reversing the District Court’s ruling, and ultimately favorably resolving the case.
- Successful representation of the plaintiff who was tragically rendered a quadriplegic due to the defective design of a bicycle.
- Lead trial counsel representing an individual who was severely injured due to a defective product on a rail car. Following the successful jury trial, Mike was awarded the “Man in the Arena” award by the Honorable Justin Quackenbush, Senior U.S. District Judge, for outstanding trial advocacy.
Mike is a trial lawyer who has tried more than 100 cases to verdict in State and Federal courts throughout the Western United States. In over 30 years of practice, Mike has represented individuals and business entities in preparing for and trying complex cases. Mike is an AV Preeminent rated lawyer who has taught trial advocacy and litigation strategies for several decades. Mike is also the Firm President of Lukins & Annis.